A perfect choice for us & the environment
Due to the revolutionary technology that we use in our dental clinics and the enactment of environmental regulations that we must follow Yiannikos Centre for Holistic Dentistry welcomes and follows a green and environmental friendly approach for all therapies and operations.
- X-Rays: We use digital imaging that minimizes the patient radiation exposure up to 90% and has erased the need of using toxic x- ray development chemicals and film as well as the distribution of the X-rays to the patients is done via email.
- Sterilization: The sterilization of medical instruments is made with steam and has the benefit of not using chemicals in the process.
- Medical Materials: Non toxic materials are applied during our dental treatments and the existence of special filters to collect the environmentally polluted old mercury fillings is checked and sustained monthly.
- Appointments notifications & Medical Records: Our patients appointments are confirmed and reminded via phone or email, we use the online process for appointments bookings and payments and the patients have the option of filling in digitally their medical and dental records.
- Dental Gifts & Gadgets: Our promotional items are distributed in non plastic bags ecological bags
- Reduction in paper quantity is succeeded through the use of double-sided copies and online sending is used for newsletters or brochures to minimize the need of printing (less carbon footprint).
- We encourage, support and participate in environmental and athletic events (DRO.ME.A Racing )
- The renovation of our dental centre was done by using low VOC paints, furnishing and flooring made from natural materials, formaldehyde-free cabinetry and biodegradable cleaning supplies are selected for daily usage.
- We reduce energy consumption through
– efficient lighting,
– proper placement of windows in our clinic that allows us in a greater use of daylight,
– energy efficient A/C equipment is installed,
– Use of low cost Passive Infra Reds to switch off lighting when areas are unoccupied such as toilets, corridors or even office areas.
- Medical waste is collected by approved operators weekly who dispose of it in an environmental friendly way and also we use recycling bins rather than regular garbage bins for the recyclable supplies of our dentistry.
- Our staff is aware and supportive to our green approach and their values and character match our eco-smart strategy that was regarded as an important criteria during their selection.